Low carbon office documents
Simple tips to save both energy and money
1. Never print something just to read it once.
2. Always use the “print preview” function to ensure a document looks right before printing.
3. Reduce the size of the font (or images) rather than letting just a few lines run on to a second page.
4. Always print double-sided.
5. For internal documents, consider printing several sheets to a page.
6. Only print the page(s) you need, not the entire document
7. If you’re printing multiple copies of a document, proof-read one copy before printing the rest.
8. Only print the number of copies you actually need.
9. Scan and email documents rather than send a hard copy.
10 Always turn off your printer at the end of the day.